RB Leipzig – Manchester City Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
RB Leipzig 1-1 Manchester City
Date: 22.02.2023 | Match at: 21:00 | League: CHAMPIONS LEAGUE – PLAY OFFS – 1/8-FINALS | Tip: Under 3.5 Goals | Odds: 1.51 | Bookie: Unibet.
RB Leipzig – Manchester City Predictions and Preview
- RB Leipzig headed into February full of confidence after stringing together an impressive run of 18 competitive unbeaten matches (W14, D4) prior to their 2-1 loss to Union Berlin a little over a week ago. Marco Rose’s team bounced back last weekend with a 3-0 win away to Wolfsburg and will hope that result can spur them on to seal a repeat of last season’s 2-1 UEFA Champions League (UCL) success here against Manchester City.
- The German side’s success over City in that group stage tie handed them their fourth European success against a Premier League side (L4), with Rose’s men interestingly coming out on top in all three meetings to have taken place in Leipzig. That should boost Leipzig’s confidence somewhat, as should the fact they’ve already beaten the champions of Scotland (Celtic) and Spain (Real Madrid) at home in this season’s competition.
- England’s reigning champions are up next, but they’re at risk of losing that crown this year after a 1-1 draw away to league strugglers Nottingham Forest at the weekend left City two points behind leaders Arsenal while having played a game more. The UCL might therefore be a welcome distraction for the Manchester club, who will hope last season’s loss here was just a blip given they had won four successive away games against German opposition prior to that H2H defeat.
- Overall, City’s UCL record on the road is one to be admired, losing just five of their last 26 European away games (W15, D6). Their form away from the Etihad in recent weeks though does raise a few eyebrows and potentially hints at an upset, with the weekend’s draw against Forest leaving City with just one win from their last five competitive away matches (D1, L3).
- Players to watch: Leipzig forward and former Chelsea star Timo Werner has registered two career assists against City, and intriguingly five of his six personal H2H meetings have been settled by a single-goal margin (W3, L3). Erling Haaland has scored six career goals against RB Leipzig, his joint most against one single opponent.
- Hot streak: Leipzig have failed to score in each of their last three knockout stage UCL matches (L3).