Bristol City – Blackpool Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Bristol City 2-0 Blackpool
Date: 11.03.2023 | Match at: 13:30 | League: ENGLAND: CHAMPIONSHIP – ROUND 36 | Tip: Over 1.5 Goals | Odds: 1.33 | Bookie: Unibet.
Bristol City – Blackpool Predictions and Preview
- Bristol City failed to score for the third game running in their 0-0 draw against Huddersfield Town on Tuesday, leaving them without a goal from open play in over 500 minutes of football across all competitions. Boss Nigel Pearson acknowledged after Tuesday’s stalemate that the goal drought is something his side “need to find a solution to pretty quickly” as an indifferent 13-game Championship run (W4, D6, L3) has dashed their hopes of a late top-six charge.
- A return home should be a confidence boost in search of that winning feeling as the Robins are unbeaten in five league games here (W3, D2), their joint-best such run at Ashton Gate since November 2019. The belief gained by that streak will likely be much needed here as Bristol City look to halt an eight-game winless H2H run against a struggling Blackpool (D5, L3).
- The visitors start this round in the relegation zone but proved they’re no pushovers with a credible goalless draw against league leaders Burnley last weekend. Boss Mick McCarthy is hoping that result gives his side a bit of “confidence and momentum” in their bid to beat the drop, but with just two goals scored from their last five away league outings (L5), that confidence certainly isn’t coming from a free-scoring front line.
- A lack of goals has been a big concern in general for Blackpool, who have scored just ten times across their last 17 league matches, contributing to a return of just one win since last November (D7, L10). Yet securing another win looks a tall order for a side who haven’t won a league game on their travels for more than four months (D2, L7), and they now face the very real prospect of posting six successive away Championship defeats for the first time since February 2014.
- Players to watch: Mark Sykes has been a lucky charm for Bristol City with his five competitive goals this season coming in four wins. Things could get interesting if Blackpool’s response comes from Jerry Yates, as his last nine league goals have come in games where the Seasiders avoided defeat (W3, D3), including the 3-3 reverse fixture draw.
- Hot streak: Bristol City haven’t conceded before half-time in their last seven Championship home H2Hs.