Sheffield Utd – Cardiff Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Sheffield Utd 4-1 Cardiff
Date: 15.04.2023 | Match at: 12:30 | League: ENGLAND: CHAMPIONSHIP – ROUND 42 | Tip: Over 1.5 Goals | Odds: 1.32 | Bookie: Unibet.
Sheffield Utd – Cardiff Predictions and Preview
- In a top-two clash on Easter Monday, ten-man Sheffield United lost 2-0 to Burnley to fall 14 points behind their opponents with coach Paul Heckingbottom lamenting the red card after 17 minutes that “changed everything.” While the Championship title now looks a distant dream, automatic promotion to the Premier League is still within reach as the Blades remain five points ahead of third-placed Luton Town with a game in hand.
- The arrival of Cardiff could bring a déjà vu moment as the hosts also won the reverse fixture in November after losing the preceding match! United have also won the last three H2Hs, and extending that run receives a boost in their return to Bramall Lane as they’ve won ten of their last 12 competitive home games (L2).
- The visitors are also coming off a loss (1-0) against Sunderland on Monday, their 18th scoring blank of the league campaign leaving the Championship’s lowest scorers (33) just a point above Reading, who had six points deducted for a rule breach. With two of their next four matches after this trip scheduled against teams currently ahead by at most three points, Cardiff can’t risk a defeat here to leave their safety chances in the lurch.
- WIth the stakes so high, boss Sabri Lamouchi would want a change in his team’s attitude after ranting “we were so…I don’t want to say the word, but not so good” post-defeat against Sunderland. It could be interesting to see which Bluebirds team takes flight after they lost five of the last seven away Championship games (W2), all defeats coming to-nil.
- Players to watch: Iliman Ndiaye has been all-action for United in their last three matches (G1, YC2) and also scored the winner in this fixture last season. Contesting on the action front could be Sory Kaba who has contributed to goals in three of Cardiff’s last four games (G3, A1).
- Hot stat: Four of United’s last five home results in all competitions, and the last two H2Hs, have ended with a 1-0 scoreline.