Lecce – Sampdoria Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Lecce 1-1 Sampdoria
Date: 16.04.2023 | Match at: 11:30 | League: ITALY: SERIE A – ROUND 30 | Tip: Over 1.5 Goals | Odds: 1.44 | Bookie: Unibet.
Lecce – Sampdoria Predictions and Preview
- A 2-1 defeat to Napoli last time out handed Lecce a sixth consecutive Serie A (SA) defeat, yet despite that, coach Marco Baroni believes he saw some “positive” signs from his struggling squad who need to start picking up points again as their cushion to the relegation zone diminished to only five points after the last round.
- Stadio Via del Mare hasn’t proven to be the fortress Lecce would have hoped for this season, and the loss against Napoli was already their sixth at home this term (W2, D6), with four of those worryingly arriving in the last five fixtures here. A blunt attack has been a big contributor to that recent run with Lecce failing to score more than a single goal in any of their last five home league games – something that has contributed to them having the lowest match goal average in the division ahead of this gameweek (2.07).
- Lecce welcome a Sampdoria side who are in turmoil after suffering a crushing 3-2 defeat against fellow basement dwellers Cremonese. The loss in that crucial relegation dogfight not only left them 11 points from safety at the end of the round but also led to clashes between ‘fans’ in the stands.
- Only eight points picked up and a league-high ten defeats on their travels are just one of many reasons why this is going to be a season to forget for Sampdoria. However, this has at least been a happy hunting ground for the visitors in the past who have won each of their last five trips to Lecce, netting 3+ goals on four occasions.
- Players to watch: Lecce’s Federico Di Francesco ended an almost five-month drought with his strike against Napoli, and five of his last six SA goals have actually arrived at home. Sam Lammers may produce some hope for Sampdoria, and both of his top-flight goals this season have arrived after the break.
- Hot stat: Lecce have conceded first in all of their 14 SA defeats this season.
Be the first to comment on "Match Preview: Lecce – Sampdoria Predictions and Betting Tips 16.04.2023"