West Brom – Sunderland Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
West Brom 1-2 Sunderland
Date: 23.04.2023 | Match at: 12:00 | League: ENGLAND: CHAMPIONSHIP – ROUND 44 | Tip: Under 3.5 Goals | Odds: 1.31 | Bookie: Unibet.
West Brom – Sunderland Predictions and Preview
- Back-to-back away victories for the first time in five months may have reinvigorated West Brom’s promotion charge, but manager Carlos Corberán is still demanding more from his players. Wins over Stoke and Blackpool mean the Baggies hopes of qualifying for the play-offs are very much alive, but the boss insists they “have to have this mentality in every game” in order to secure a place in the top six.
- West Brom have certainly been showing promotion-winning form of late, suffering just one defeat from their last eight outings (W4, D3). A return to the Hawthorns should also inspire plenty of confidence (not that they need it!) as the West Midlands outfit have not lost at home since October, picking up ten victories in 13 outings across all competitions (D3) whilst keeping 11 clean sheets in the process.
- That record should strike fear into visitors Sunderland, managed by former Baggies boss Tony Mowbray, given the Black Cats have registered just one victory in the last 16 H2Hs (D5, L10). They too remain right in the mix for promotion and have the additional and crucial incentive of knowing a victory in this game would actually lift them above their opponents in the standings.
- A 1-1 draw against struggling Huddersfield on Tuesday certainly dented their hopes of returning to the Premier League after a six year absence, with Mowbray admitting he was “frustrated” and “disappointed” with the result. He will now be hoping for a return to top form as Sunderland go in search of just their fourth win in 13 fixtures (D5, L4).
- Players to watch: Striker Daryl Dike is unbeaten in his six goalscoring appearances since joining the Baggies (W5, D1). He will be hoping to get the better of Sunderland defender Danny Batth, who has lost three of his four H2Hs with West Brom (W1).
- Hot stat: West Brom have not lost a single home league game in which they have scored the first goal (W10, D2).
Be the first to comment on "Match Preview: West Brom – Sunderland Predictions and Betting Tips 23.04.2023"