Osasuna – Betis Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Osasuna 3-2 Betis
Date: 22.04.2023 | Match at: 13:00 | League: SPAIN: LALIGA – ROUND 30 | Tip: Over 1.5 Goals | Odds: 1.46 | Bookie: Unibet.
Osasuna – Betis Predictions and Preview
- Early season hopes of finishing in La Liga’s European places have well and truly faded for Osasuna, with Los Rojillos trailing the top six by nine points ahead of this round. A historic run to the final of the Copa del Rey that included a penalty shootout victory over upcoming opponents Real Betis has taken its toll on their league form, with Osasuna winning just two of their last 12 such matches (D5, L5).
- Boss Jagoba Arrasate lamented a ‘missed opportunity’ when his side were beaten 2-1 by Rayo Vallecano last round, meaning their only league victory since February has come against basement boys Elche. Toothlessness in front of goal has been plaguing Osasuna, with their return of 25 goals the third-lowest in the division. Consequently, their 14 goals on home soil is also better than just two other top-flight sides.
- Spirits in the Real Betis camp would have been high last weekend after ending a two-match losing streak with a 3-1 win over Espanyol that kept them in the race for a top-four finish, but the club was saddened during the week by the passing of former player Luis Márquez Martín (90 appearances) at age 51. Los Verdiblancos sat just three points adrift of Real Sociedad ahead of this round, and after being eliminated from Europe by Manchester United, there’ll be no further on-field distractions for Manuel Pellegrini’s men this term.
- Betis bring with them an imperious record in this matchup of late, avoiding defeat in each of the last nine league H2Hs (W8, D1), including consecutive wins in away meetings. Pellegrini will need to attend to a three-match winless streak on the road in all competitions (D1, L2), and he may need to do so early, as his side have conceded 19 of their 30 league goals this term after half-time.
- Key battle: Barcelona loanee Abde Ezzalzouli will be keen to impress again, having netted both goals in Osasuna’s latest home victory (2-1 v Elche). Standing in his way, Betis goalkeeper Rui Silva has kept five clean sheets in seven career appearances against Los Rojillos (W5, L2).
- Hot stat: La Liga matches involving Osasuna average just 1.9 goals per game this season, the lowest total in the division.