Villarreal – Espanyol Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Villarreal 4-2 Espanyol
Date: 26.04.2023 | Match at: 18:30 | League: SPAIN: LALIGA – ROUND 31 | Tip: Under 3.5 Goals | Odds: 1.38 | Bookie: Unibet.
Villarreal – Espanyol Predictions and Preview
- A pair of La Liga (LL) defeats in eight days, both via a 2-1 scoreline in which they trailed ‘to nil’ at half-time, have probably ended Villarreal’s outside chances of qualifying for next season’s UEFA Champions League. They’re still looking good for European football of some sort, but getting back to winning ways against relegation-threatened Espanyol would help firm up their top-six credentials.
- They’ll start as favourites but even winning this meeting here 5-1 last term won’t guarantee anything as that was their first home H2H success since March 2017 (D3, L1). They should be far more encouraged by how well they’ve performed against sides fighting relegation though, as this term they’ve won all four matches here against teams that start the round in the bottom-five.
- That sounds particularly ominous for struggling Espanyol, whose 0-0 draw against Cádiz on Friday, coupled with other results, left them two points behind their nearest competitors although it did at least break a sequence of six consecutive LL defeats. Ahead of a difficult run-in, including taking on Barcelona and Atlético Madrid, the quicker new boss Luis García gets his first win under his belt the better (D1, L2).
- The chances of it coming here seem remote as they’ve lost their last four LL away games and their last two league victories on the road came against fellow strugglers Getafe and Elche. They do remain a threat, as they’ve scored in each of their last ten LL games away from home (W2, D3, L5), doing so exactly once in each of the last six of those (W1, L5).
- Players to watch: Villarreal’s Yeremy Pino scored four goals in this H2H last term, although that’s one more than he’s managed in the league in the whole of this season! Martin Braithwaite has scored two of Espanyol’s last four LL away goals, both after the 70th minute.
- Hot stat: Espanyol possess LL’s worst first-half record this term (W1, D14, L15).