Bochum – Dortmund Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Bochum 1-1 Dortmund
Date: 28.04.2023 | Match at: 19:30 | League: GERMANY: BUNDESLIGA – ROUND 30 | Tip: Over 2.5 Goals | Odds: 1.47 | Bookie: Unibet.
Bochum – Dortmund Predictions and Preview
- Things aren’t looking great for Bochum who are without a Bundesliga win in four (D2, L2) and sit just two points above the relegation zone following a humiliating 5-1 defeat at home to Wolfsburg, their fourth defeat by at least a four-goal margin this season. Their 27-point haul this term is nine points fewer than at the same stage last season, but the fact only three teams in the last seven seasons have been relegated with as many or more points should serve as a silver lining for Bochum.
- After a run of three home wins to close out the first half of the season and two to welcome it back, Bochum’s form at the Vonovia Ruhrstadion has deserted them at the worst possible time. The loss to Wolfsburg last weekend made it four losses in Bundesliga action from their last five at home plus a DFB-Pokal defeat to Borussia Dortmund back in February, meaning their last competitive H2H home win came in 2007 (D2, L3 since).
- Dortmund suddenly find themselves sitting at the top of the Bundesliga after a 4-0 win against Eintracht Frankfurt extended their impressive league run this calendar year (W11, D2, L1). The last time they were top after 29 matchdays was in 2011/12, a season they went on to become champions, and the last leader at this point not to grab the silverware was Schalke back in 2006/2007, so history is firmly on their side!
- However, Dortmund will likely have to improve upon their away form if they’re to avoid becoming an unwanted record holder, as their five-match winless away run in all competitions (D2, L3) certainly doesn’t make great viewing. A quick glance at those results and it’s clear to see where Dortmund’s issues lie, and that’s in defence, with each of those five winless games seeing them concede at least twice.
- Players to watch: Moritz Broschinski was Bochum’s last home scorer, and the former Borussia Dortmund II man has seen both of his Bundesliga goals this season arrive at home from the bench. Scoring in his last five Bundesliga games, Dortmund’s Donyell Malen netted twice against Frankfurt last round, his first league double since February 2021 when he was at PSV.
- Hot stat: Dortmund have scored first in eight of their 15 away league games and just one of those games ended in defeat (W5, D2, L1).