Monaco – Montpellier Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Monaco 0-4 Montpellier
Date: 30.04.2023 | Match at: 12:00 | League: FRANCE: LIGUE 1 – ROUND 33 | Tip: Home Win | Odds: 1.52 | Bookie: Unibet.
Monaco – Montpellier Predictions and Preview
- Monaco were outplayed by Lens last time out (L 3-0), and as a result a top-three finish in Ligue 1 now looks unlikely as they dropped five points behind their opponents on the day. “We were too weak tonight,” was manager Philippe Clement’s frank assessment after their first defeat in five league games (W3, D1) left them on their own in fourth place, retaining a healthy gap to fifth-placed Lille.
- While they look safe in that spot for now, with six games still remaining much can change, so they’ll be keen to reproduce the performances that have seen them win their last two home league fixtures. Both of those affairs produced over 3.5 goals with Monaco scoring first inside the opening 20 minutes, and they’re unbeaten in three home H2Hs against Montpellier too (W2, D1).
- But as Montpellier beat another top-half side (Rennes) last weekend (W 1-0) to snap a three-match winless run (D1, L2) that had threatened to drag them towards a relegation battle, they might fancy their chances of claiming a first victory here since December 2018. While not completely safe from danger yet, they find themselves a relatively healthy eight points clear of the bottom-four ahead of this round.
- Their fighting spirit was in evidence after going down to ten men soon after half-time against Rennes, as it has been away from home recently, where Montpellier have scored exactly once in each of their last four Ligue 1 away games. That was enough for them to claim seven points (W2, D1, L1) during that sequence so they can be expected to make life difficult for the Monégasques.
- Players to watch: Kevin Volland was the last player to score for Monaco and he opened the scoring in this corresponding fixture last term, while all three of Stephy Mavididi’s goals for Montpellier this term, including the winner against Rennes, arrived between the 60th and 85th minute.
- Hot stat: Monaco have won the corner count in four of their last five Ligue 1 fixtures.