Barcelona – Osasuna Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Barcelona – Osasuna
Date: 02.05.2023 | Match at: 18:30 | League: SPAIN: LALIGA – ROUND 33 | Tip: Over 2.5 Goals | Odds: 1.61 | Bookie: Unibet.
Barcelona – Osasuna Predictions and Preview
- Barcelona thrashed ten-man Real Betis 4-0 on Saturday to maintain their 11-point lead at the top of La Liga’s (LL) standings, and move closer to confirming the title. Coach Xavi called it a “well-rounded performance” and even had time to bring on 15-year-old Lamine Yamal, who became Barça’s youngest-ever LL debutant. It was otherwise an April to forget (W3, D2, L2) for the hosts, who crashed out of the Copa del Rey (CDR) semis and failed to win two home games in a row.
- Staying at Spotify Camp Nou should be music to their ears then as only one travelling league side to this venue in 2023 was able to go home with points (W7, D1). Teams especially struggled to break through Barcelona’s defence, typified by this sequence seeing them concede only once.
- Osasuna may be torn between aiming for a top-six finish that is currently five points adrift and would be their first since the 2005/06 season, or focusing on their first CDR final since 2005. Even without the distractions of that cup competition, a visit to Camp Nou won’t be top of Osasuna’s seasonal trip itinerary. The visitors endured the club’s heaviest-ever defeat at this venue in 2011 (8-0) and have conceded 36 goals across their last seven league visits!
- The Little Reds will hope to keep the goals conceded to a minimum this time around, and could draw confidence from their last six league games (W3, D1, L2), never once conceding more than a brace. In fact, they have the third-best defensive record (GA: 15) in away league games, which could help avoid another Camp Nou thrashing.
- Players to watch: Raphinha once again proved to be Barcelona’s lucky charm with his goal against Betis, making it seven straight league wins in scoring appearances – including a 2-1 win in the reverse fixture. Meanwhile, Rubén García assisted Osasuna’s goal in that match but is yet to taste a personal H2H win (D3, L9).
- Hot stat: Five red cards have been shown across Osasuna’s last seven away league games.