Augsburg – Union Berlin Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Augsburg 1-0 Union Berlin
Date: 06.05.2023 | Match at: 14:30 | League: GERMANY: BUNDESLIGA – ROUND 31 | Tip: Over 1.5 Goals | Odds: 1.38 | Bookie: Unibet.
Augsburg – Union Berlin Predictions and Preview
- Following their 2-1 success at home to Werder Bremen in early March, Augsburg boasted an eight-point cushion to the Bundesliga relegation zone. A comfortable mid-table finish and perhaps even an improvement on finishing 14th last season could have been expected, but after failing to win any of their seven league matches since (D4, L3), that gap to the bottom three has been slashed to just three points ahead of the round.
- Augsburg now have the unenviable task of welcoming UEFA Champions League (UCL) chasers Union Berlin, a team that undoubtedly have the potential to push them closer to the danger zone. Yet while they will start as pre-match underdogs, it’s worth pointing out that Augsburg have lost only one of their five home league games against teams starting this round seventh or higher (W2, D2).
- Many of Union’s UCL rivals picked up three points last time out, while they only picked up one, but that did come against a high-flying Bayer Leverkusen side unbeaten in 14 competitive games (0-0). You could argue that it was another point gained with all things considered, but they’ll be eager to add three to their tally here as fifth-placed RB Leipzig sit just two points behind them and Freiburg coming into the round.
- Interestingly, those two sides play each other in Bundesliga action this weekend, opening up the chance for Union to put daylight to at least one of their rivals. However, no win in five H2H meetings (D2, L3) highlights how Augsburg have developed into somewhat of a bogey team for the Berlin-based side, a psychological barrier they must overcome to strengthen their push for a first-ever UCL appearance.
- Key battle: Robust Augsburg defender Jeffrey Gouweleeuw picked up one of his ten Bundesliga yellow cards this term in the reverse fixture (2-2) – only one player has picked up more coming into the round. He will try to shackle forward Sheraldo Becker who scored Union’s first goal in that game, and he netted their only strike in their last away league outing.
- Hot stat: Augsburg’s home games have averaged 2.4 match goals per game this season – only opponents Union have averaged fewer at home (2.3).