Real Sociedad – Girona Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Real Sociedad 2-2 Girona
Date: 13.05.2023 | Match at: 13:00 | League: SPAIN: LALIGA – ROUND 34 | Tip: Over 1.5 Goals | Odds: 1.31 | Bookie: Unibet.
Real Sociedad – Girona Predictions and Preview
- Real Sociedad are hitting form at just the right time as they bid to secure their first top-four La Liga (LL) finish since 2012/13. Courtesy of a standout 2-0 win over Real Madrid last round, Sociedad have avoided defeat in each of their last four league outings (W3, D1) and are now six points better off than at this stage of 2021/22. That has understandably raised expectations of Champions League football coming to Reale Arena next season.
- Their uptick in form has been built on solid defensive showings, highlighted by just one goal being conceded across that unbeaten streak. That record is sure to be tested here against one of the league’s more prolific attacking sides in Girona (G: 52), an opposition that netted three goals in the reverse H2H. The trio of goals were in vain on that occasion as Sociedad’s five extended their unbeaten H2H streak to five clashes (W2, D3).
- Girona continue to solidify their title as one of LL’s surprise success stories. Like their hosts, they recently beat Real Madrid (4-2) before following it up with wins against Sevilla (2-0) and Mallorca (2-1). That has helped the visitors – who remarkably finished sixth in La Liga 2 last season – retain faint hopes of European qualification as they come into this round holding the upper hand for the Europa Conference League playoff round place.
- As far as this game is concerned, a lot of Girona’s success this season has come at home, while on the road they’ve often faltered. Their win at Sevilla (2-0) on their last trip was just their second away success from their last nine away matches (D3, L4). Picking up their first successive away LL wins since March 2019 looks that bit more unlikely when one also considers their uninspiring overall LL record this season against sides currently above them in the table (W1, D2, L6).
- Players to watch: After his two goals in his last two appearances for Sociedad, Takefusa Kubo has now registered the most LL goal contributions for his side (G8, A3). Taty Castellanos also boasts that title for his team, although all his contributions have been goals (13) from seven in his last four LL appearances.
- Hot stat: The winner on the day in seven of Sociedad’s last eight LL matches scored exactly two goals.