Verona – Torino Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Verona 0-1 Torino
Date: 14.05.2023 | Match at: 11:30 | League: ITALY: SERIE A – ROUND 35 | Tip: Over 1.5 Goals | Odds: 1.49 | Bookie: Unibet.
Verona – Torino Predictions and Preview
- With their Serie A (SA) status called into question for much of the season, Hellas Verona massively boosted their survival hopes by winning 1-0 at Lecce last round, lifting them to 17th in the table. It was the perfect time to end their 372-day wait for an away league win, and Marco Zaffaroni’s troops can now start a SA matchday in a position of safety for the first time since October last year!
- Much of that leg work has been done this calendar year, as 25 of their 30 points this season have been won in 2023 alone. That’s no thanks to their last performance at the Stadio Marc’Antonio Bentegodi, where for the first time in their SA history, they conceded 5+ goals at home when Inter Milan showed no mercy by serving up a tennis score (6-0).
- Visitors Torino will be wanting to hand the Yellow and Blues another blue day on their own turf whilst continuing their own promising form of losing only one of their last five games (W2, D2). Doing so would be warmly received by manager Ivan Jurić, as a win could see his side take charge of a quintet of teams stuck on 46 points prior to the weekend.
- Taking the show on the road could help the Bull in their quest, following a rampage that has seen them undefeated in their last four SA away games (W3, D1) whilst adding three clean sheets. Perhaps that form can help break the shackles of their recent history with Verona, which has seen eight of the last 11 H2Hs end in a draw, including this season’s reverse fixture.
- Players to watch: Verona’s Simone Verdi seems to enjoy the comforts of playing in front of his own fans, having scored 11 of his last 14 goals at home. Meanwhile, Torino’s Aleksey Miranchuk netted the equaliser when these teams met earlier in the season, helping to preserve his record of remaining unbeaten in each of his last 20 goalscoring appearances (W16, D4).
- Hot stat: Verona have dropped 21 points from winning positions this SA season, second only to Bologna (24) at the end of the previous round.