Betis – Rayo Vallecano Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Betis 3-1 Rayo Vallecano
Date: 15.05.2023 | Match at: 20:00 | League: SPAIN: LALIGA – ROUND 34 | Tip: Over 1.5 Goals | Odds: 1.32 | Bookie: Unibet.
Betis – Rayo Vallecano Predictions and Preview
- Manuel Pellegrini has publicly admitted he is “not confident” that Real Betis will qualify for European football next season because of their recent form. The Green and Whites, who at one point looked potentially set to secure a Champions League place for the first time since 2005/06, have lost four of their last seven La Liga (LL) outings (W2, D1).
- The Betis boss could possibly be playing some mind games with his players given they finished gameweek 33 five points clear of Athletic Bilbao, who they defeated 1-0 in the last round. But with just three wins from their last 11 home league outings (D4, L4), it’s easy to see why he might be keen to incentivise his current sixth-placed squad.
- History suggests the hosts should have no trouble in beating visitors Rayo Vallecano, who have only won one of the last ten H2Hs (D4, L5), and even that was a penalty shoot-out in the Copa del Rey. The Red Sashes are also on a worryingly poor run on the road, losing four of their last six away fixtures (D2), despite scoring the first goal on three occasions.
- Such a run is threatening their hopes of qualifying for European football for only the second time in the club’s history. However, manager Andoni Iraola insists his side will “fight for it in every game” after a 2-1 victory over Real Valladolid last time out boosted their ambitions and put them just one point behind seventh-placed Girona coming into the round.
- Key battle: Goalkeeper Claudio Bravo, restored to the Real Betis starting line-up last time out, has kept clean sheets in four of his ten LL meetings with Vallecano (W8, L2). He will be attempting to thwart Isi Palazon, who has netted ten goals in the top flight for Vallecano, eight of which have been the first or last of the game.
- Hot stat: Real Betis have lost 11 of the 13 league games in which they conceded the first goal (W2).