Girona – Villarreal Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Girona 1-2 Villarreal
Date: 20.05.2023 | Match at: 13:00 | League: SPAIN: LALIGA – ROUND 35 | Tip: Over 2.5 Goals | Odds: 1.61 | Bookie: Unibet.
Girona – Villarreal Predictions and Preview
- Míchel is urging his Girona players to “make history” as they seek European football for the first time. The White and Reds, who are in only their third ever season in La Liga (LL) after being promoted twelve months ago, have catapulted themselves into the race for a top seven finish after a four-game unbeaten run (W3, D1), leading their manager to claim it would be a “dream” to qualify for a UEFA competition.
- The backbone of Girona’s stunning season has been their performances at Estadi Montilivi, where they registered a shock 4-2 victory over Real Madrid last month. That is one of four home wins in a row for the Catalan outfit, while their total of ten successes on home soil is bettered by only four teams in the Spanish top flight.
- The hosts may struggle to extend that strong record against visitors Villarreal, who have won each of the last four H2Hs without conceding! The Yellow Submarine also make the journey north full of confidence thanks to the three wins from their last four matches (D1), scoring at least three goals in each of those victories.
- Such form means Quique Setién’s side will secure a UEFA Europa League place at worst by winning this game, although their attention may be on catching fourth-placed Real Sociedad, who are five points above them with four games remaining. A repeat of their 5-1 thrashing of Athletic Bilbao in the last round would therefore be more than welcome, especially as their manager described their performance as “almost perfect.”
- Key battle: Girona defender David López has faced Villarreal more than any other club, with eight of his 16 H2Hs ending all-square (W3, L5), including three 0-0 draws. He will be looking to put a stop on Nico Jackson, who has six goals in his last four appearances and will equal the best scoring run by a Villarreal player in LL of seven goals in five matches if he nets in this fixture.
- Hot stat: Villarreal’s total of 38 second-half goals is the highest in LL this season.