Real Sociedad – Almeria Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Real Sociedad 1-0 Almeria
Date: 23.05.2023 | Match at: 18:30 | League: SPAIN: LALIGA – ROUND 36 | Tip: Home Win | Odds: 1.45 | Bookie: Unibet.
Real Sociedad – Almeria Predictions and Preview
- After they defeated Barcelona 2-1 on Saturday to strengthen their grip on a top-four place, Real Sociedad manager Imanol Alguacil admitted qualifying for the UEFA Champions League for the first time in a decade (UCL) would be a “huge prize” for his team. They’re ending the season as one of La Liga’s (LL) most in-form clubs, having also conquered Real Madrid (2-0) as part of their current six-game undefeated streak (W4, D2).
- Alguacil thoroughly enjoyed the White and Blues’ first win at Camp Nou since 1991, and as a result they entered this round five points clear of fifth placed Villarreal. Another home victory at Anoeta, where they have not lost any of their last seven league outings (W4, D3), could be enough to secure a UCL group stage appearance in 2023/24 two weeks early if other results fall their way.
- Trying to stop that from happening will be visitors Almería, who have a healthy record of four wins from the previous nine H2Hs (D2, L3). That’s a good omen for Rojiblancos, who make the trip north with the division’s joint-worst away record of just seven points (W1, D4, L12), whilst they have been vanquished in all 11 LL away trips against clubs currently 12th or higher with an average losing margin of two goals.
- However, Rubi’s side have won three of their last five matches (L2), including a 3-0 demolition of Mallorca in their most recent fixture. That result left them four points clear of the relegation zone on 39 points, a total which the manager is “almost convinced (will) be enough” to beat the drop, as they look to secure a second successive season in the Spanish top flight.
- Key battle: Alexander Sørloth has an outstanding perfect record of winning each of the 13 games he has scored in for Sociedad this season. He will be looking to extend that record against Almería defender Alejandro Pozo, who has never kept a clean sheet in five H2Hs (W1, D1, L3).
- Hot streak: Sociedad have scored exactly twice in five successive home league games, while Almería have conceded two or more goals in 12 of their last 14 away LL matches.