Manchester Utd – Chelsea Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Manchester Utd – Chelsea
Date: 25.05.2023 | Match at: 20:00 | League: ENGLAND: PREMIER LEAGUE – ROUND 32 | Tip: Over 2.5 Goals | Odds: 1.67 | Bookie: Unibet.
Manchester Utd – Chelsea Predictions and Preview
- Victory over Bournemouth on Saturday, combined with Liverpool dropping points against Aston Villa, means Manchester United now have a clear path to UEFA Champions League qualification. The Red Devils need just a single point from their remaining two league fixtures to return to Europe’s top table, and with both games falling at Old Trafford where they’re unbeaten since September (W23, D4), they’ve every reason to believe they’ll fulfil their objective.
- Manager Erik ten Hag is standing strong against complacency, insisting his side “have to do the job” as they welcome a Chelsea side to the Theatre of Dreams who have beaten them 18 times in Premier League (PL) history, with only Liverpool doing so more often. Each of the last five H2Hs have ended level though, with United being unbeaten in this fixture on home soil since May 2013 (W3, D6 since)!
- A beleaguered Chelsea outfit face their second away assignment in Manchester in quick succession after suffering a 1-0 defeat at the hands of Champions Manchester City on Sunday. Despite the second-string nature of City’s lineup, interim boss Frank Lampard insisted he was “pretty pleased” with his side’s display, even though they failed to score for the 14th time in a PL game this term, with only three sides blanking more often.
- The Blues are now resigned to finishing in the bottom-half of the PL table for the first time this century, a fate largely down to a toothless forward line that’s netted just 36 league goals, the PL’s fourth-fewest ahead of Wolves, Everton and Southampton! That’s unlikely to inspire a turnaround in their woeful away form that’s seen Chelsea win just two of their last 16 road trips in all competitions (D3, L11), so one of the most daunting away assignments in the league seemingly comes at an inopportune time.
- Players to watch: United’s Casemiro has stepped up his attacking game this term, with his acrobatic strike against Bournemouth his 12th direct goal contribution (G6, A6), one of which was a last-gasp equaliser in this season’s reverse fixture. Chelsea will hope Raheem Sterling can finally break his duck against the Red Devils, as he’s played and lost more games against United than any other opponent, while also never scoring a goal (P:24, W8, D4, L12).
- Hot stat: Chelsea have lost 15 league games this term, their joint-highest tally in a 38-game PL campaign (with 15 in 1997/98).
Be the first to comment on "Match Preview: Manchester Utd – Chelsea Predictions and Betting Tips 25.05.2023"