Twente – Sparta Rotterdam Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Twente 1-0 Sparta Rotterdam
Date: 11.06.2023 | Match at: 13:30 | League: NETHERLANDS: EREDIVISIE – CONFERENCE LEAGUE – PLAY OFFS – FINAL | Tip: Over 2.5 Goals | Odds: 1.57 | Bookie: Unibet.
Twente – Sparta Rotterdam Predictions and Preview
- It came as no surprise to anyone that FC Twente made it to the playoffs final. Ron Jans’ side spent much of the season in the top four of the standings, but insufficient points on the road stood between them and automatic qualification to European football. But having scored at least three goals in six of their last eight matches, they’re closing the season wonderfully.
- The Tukkers had won six consecutive matches prior to last Thursday, with draws against Sparta Rotterdam bookending that winning streak – 3-3 at home in April, and 1-1 in Rotterdam during the first leg of this playoff final. Coming home from Enschede with a point is incredibly vital, not least because Twente did not lose a single Eredivisie home game this season, whilst winning 14 of their 18 across all competitions.
- Maurice Steijn’s Sparta have been earning praise right throughout the season and are now just one good result from a long awaited return to European football. Although they maintained just 36% of possession during the week, they limited Twente’s attack to very few scoring opportunities. Japanese defender Koki Saito, who it was recently announced will be extending his loan spell at Sparta through next year, was a thorn in the side of the defenders from Enschede.
- Saito also won a penalty shortly after the start of the second half, which was capitalised on by Sparta’s other wide playmaker Vito van Crooij. Goalkeeper Nick Olij kept his goal clean for the first 90 minutes but saw Ramiz Zerrouki nod in the equaliser during stoppage time. Olij is having an excellent season, but his chances of a clean sheet here are remote, for Twente have scored in 28 consecutive Eredivisie home games.
- Players to watch: Václav Černý, who is said to have already reached a personal agreement with Wolfsburg for a transfer, will go out as Twente’s most prolific player of the season with fourteen goals and thirteen assists against Dutch opposition. Meanwhile, Vito van Crooij shot his thirteenth goal of the season with his team against the ropes on Thursday, while he has already delivered twelve assists.
- Hot streak: Sparta have not conceded a half-time deficit in any of their last 15 Eredivisie matches.