USA – Trinidad & Tobago Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
USA 6-0 Trinidad & Tobago
Date: 03.07.2023 | Match at: 00:00 | League: NORTH & CENTRAL AMERICA: GOLD CUP – ROUND 3 | Tip: Over 2.5 Goals | Odds: 1.38 | Bookie: Unibet.
USA – Trinidad & Tobago Predictions and Preview
- The United States of America continued their Gold Cup campaign by thrashing St Kitts & Nevis 6-0 on Thursday to extend their unbeaten run to eight matches (W5, D3). That equalled their biggest ever Gold Cup win and leaves the seven-time champions needing only to avoid defeat in their final group game against Trinidad & Tobago to reach the quarter-finals.
- But interim manager BJ Callaghan’s side will undoubtedly be targeting a win to finish top of the group, and given they won the last two H2Hs 6-0 and 7-0, confidence should be high in the Stars and Stripes camp. Currently three goals better off than Jamaica, expect them to go on the attack: “When one comes to try to keep going as much as we can,” Callaghan said after the St Kitts game.
- Trinidad & Tobago (W1, L1) are out to spoil the party, like they did in 2017 when they won 2-1 on home soil to prevent the Americans reaching the 2018 World Cup. A draw is unlikely to be enough as the Soca Warriors would also need St Kitts to comfortably beat Jamaica, so they’ll need to get on the front foot as they chase just a second H2H win since 2008 (D1, L6).
- Worryingly for Angus Eve’s side, they’ve never beaten the US away from home (D1, L15), failing even to score in any of the last ten away H2Hs (L10)! While Eve played in three of those defeats, he was involved during Trinidad & Tobago’s best ever Gold Cup performance, when they finished third in the US in 2000, so he does have some positive experience with which to inspire his players too.
- Players to watch: American forward Jesús Ferreira’s hat-trick against St Kitts was his second international triple since opening his international account against Trinidad & Tobago in January 2021. Meanwhile, Alvin Jones opened the scoring for Trinidad & Tobago against St Kitts for the second time in three internationals.
- Hot stat: USA scored between the 75th minute and the end of regulation time in four of their last five Gold Cup games (W4, D1).