Werder Bremen – Bayern Munich Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Werder Bremen 0-4 Bayern Munich
Date: 18.08.2023 | Match at: 19:30 | League: GERMANY: BUNDESLIGA – ROUND 1 | Tip: Away Win | Odds: 1.31 | Bookie: Unibet.
Werder Bremen – Bayern Munich Predictions and Preview
- Werder Bremen have the dubious pleasure of opening the Bundesliga season against the defending champions in a clash of the most experienced Bundesliga teams. While Bremen have clocked up 1,968 league games, the record champions have played 1,976, but aside from the league, it was in the cup Bremen struggled last weekend as they embarrassingly lost 3-2 to third-tier Viktoria Köln in the DFB-Pokal.
- Getting over that freak result here would be another shock, since the last time the hosts won their first game of a season was in 2013/14, which was also the last season in which they won their first home game. Now heading into what is traditionally a difficult second season after a promotion, Werder will hope the eye-catching addition of Naby Keïta from Liverpool can help them build on their 13th place finish of last season.
- Bayern Munich were crowned champions for the eleventh time in a row after a chaotic season, with their ultimate success largely due to Borussia Dortmund’s late-season collapse. The summer break has been dominated by the Harry Kane transfer saga, but with his 100 million euro move now complete, the most expensive transfer in Bundesliga history will already be wondering whether it was a good idea to swap his legend status at Tottenham for a pair of Lederhosen, after Bayern’s 3-0 Supercup loss to Leipzig.
- Boss Thomas Tuchel didn’t take defeat too well, publicly criticising his team after that loss, something that didn’t go down too well with key players like Joshua Kimmich and Leon Goretzka. Neutral spectators might find the current situation amusing and it could point to another exciting title race, but considering the last time Bayern were defeated in their first game of the season was in 2011/12, and during their record run of 11 consecutive championships they lost no season opener (W8, D2), those fans hoping for Bayern’s downfall may not be so upbeat come Friday night.
- Players to watch: Niclas Füllkrug topped the Bundesliga goalscoring charts last season and geared up for the league season with a goal in the recent cup defeat. He’ll be searching for just his second-ever goal against Bayern here and a first win in eight attempts (L7 prior). Looking to repay Tuchel’s 100 million Euro gamble, Kane’s record of 213 goals in 317 games for Tottenham would indicate he’s worth every bit of that hefty price tag.
- Hot stat: Werder are without a win in 31 competitive games against Bayern.