Faroe Islands – Moldova Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Faroe Islands 0-1 Moldova
Date: 10.09.2023 | Match at: 17:00 | League: EURO – QUALIFICATION – ROUND 6 | Tip: Over 1.5 Goals | Odds: 1.51 | Bookie: Unibet.
Faroe Islands – Moldova Predictions and Preview
- Perennial whipping boys Faroe Islands take on Moldova at home on Sunday, but they should come into this game with more confidence than usual, as the opposition are the only team they have picked up a point against so far in Group E of the UEFA EURO Qualifiers. Although the Faroe Islands have never qualified for a European Championship finals, they are looking to record at least one victory in a qualification campaign for the third successive time, and this game may well be their best shot of doing so!
- Those chances are certainly not helped by the fact Håkan Ericson’s side have lost their last four matches, but encouragingly, prior to this run had been beaten only once in their previous seven (W2, D4, L1), and they ought to fancy their chances of ending their current losing streak against Moldova, a team who they have never lost to (W1, D2).
- However, the Tricolours will have other ideas, and they travel looking to build on the five points they’ve accumulated in Group E so far. Moldova find themselves firmly in the qualification mix-up, but they are yet to qualify for a European Championship tournament and have finished in last place in both of their last two completed campaigns, picking up only one win in the process.
- Things seem to be different with Serghei Cleșcenco now in charge of the team, as he has seen his side lose only four of their last 13 matches (W5, D4). They have found the back of the net four times over their last two games and should fancy their chances of netting more than one goal in a single game against Faroe Islands for the first time ever.
- Players to watch: Faroe Islands’ Viljormur Davidsen scored in successive home games in 2022, both times as the first goal scorer for his side. Meanwhile, Ion Nicolaescu is Moldova’s leading goal-scorer in this qualification campaign, scoring three of his team’s four goals, with all three strikes coming in the second half.
- Hot streak: Both teams have scored in all three of the previous meetings between the sides.