LASK – Liverpool Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
LASK 1-3 Liverpool
Date: 21.09.2023 | Match at: 17:45 | League: EUROPA LEAGUE – GROUP STAGE – ROUND 1 | Tip: Over 2.5 Goals | Odds: 1.47 | Bookie: Unibet.
LASK – Liverpool Predictions and Preview
- LASK are back in the UEFA Europa League (UEL) group stage for a third time and will share the Group E stage with Royale Union Saint-Gilloise, Toulouse, and Liverpool, against whom their campaign gets under way this time around. The Austrian side will be looking to cause an almighty upset as they go in search of a first-ever win against English opposition, after four failed attempts in this very competition (D1, L3).
- The Black-Whites enter here in near perfect form, having lost just once across their last ten matches (W6, D3), which included a home win and an away draw against Bosnian club HŠK Zrinjski Mostar in the play-offs to secure their safe passage to Group E. They’ve also proven a tough nut to crack on the continental circuit, losing just once across their last 16 matches in European competition (W11, D4).
- They’ve hardly faced a side with the calibre of Liverpool in that stint, who are arguably the most esteemed club in the competition with their six UEFA Champions League/European Cup triumphs and three UEFA Cup crowns. The Reds have never won the UEL, having missed the golden opportunity in their last appearance in the tournament when losing the 2016 final 3-1 to Sevilla in neighbouring Switzerland.
- Jürgen Klopp’s side scored first that day, something which they haven’t managed in three of their last four games, despite going on to win all those matches to start their season undefeated. Liverpool also scored first in each of their six wins against Austrian opposition, so another quick start could prove decisive here for the visitors.
- Players to watch: Robert Žulj scored twice and assisted once in LASK’s play-off success, meaning that his last nine goals have all come at home. Liverpool’s Cody Gakpo will look to steal his limelight here after opening his account for the season in his last game. He’ll be looking to add to his ten goals scored in the UEL, eight of which have come in the second half.
- Hot stat: Five goals have been scored in the opening 15 minutes across Liverpool’s last six matches.