AC Milan – Verona Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
AC Milan – Verona
Date: 22.09.2023 | Match at: 14:00 | League: ITALY: SERIE A – ROUND 5 | Tip: Home Win | Odds: 1.39 | Bookie: Unibet.
AC Milan – Verona Predictions and Preview
- Angry AC Milan fans will be demanding a response from their side after a dismal week which has seen their 100% start to the season come to a dramatic end. The Rossoneri suffered a 5-1 hammering at the hands of bitter rivals Inter in their last Serie A (SA) outing, before missing a catalogue of chances in a 0-0 draw against Newcastle in the UEFA Champions League on Tuesday night.
- Manager Stefano Pioli admits he feels “regret” at failing to bounce back against the Magpies, but he has incurred the wrath of supporters after refusing to apologise for the derby result. That does remain Milan’s only SA defeat of the season so far though (W3), with their total of nine points from their opening four league matches a tally they’ve bettered in just two of the last 17 campaigns.
- Hoping to avoid a backlash are visiting Hellas Verona, who have a shocking history in this fixture, failing to beat Milan away in over a century (D16, L21)! Supporters may therefore be forgiven for expecting the worst as they head to the San Siro, especially as their side are without a win in two outings thanks to a defeat to Sassuolo and draw with Bologna.
- The latter of those results, a 0-0 stalemate, was the first time in nine competitive fixtures that Marco Baroni’s side have failed to hit the back of the net. It also shouldn’t sour what has been a generally positive start to the campaign, with the Mastiffs’ total of seven points after four matches (W2, D1, L1) their joint-best start to a SA season since 2014/15.
- Key battle: AC Milan striker Olivier Giroud has netted four goals in his opening four league appearances of a campaign for the first time since 2013/14. That won’t make pretty reading for Verona goalkeeper Lorenzo Montipò, who has conceded at least twice in each of his six H2Hs (L6).
- Hot stat: 14 of the last 19 H2Hs have contained at least three goals.