Juventus – Lecce Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Juventus 1-0 Lecce
Date: 26.09.2023 | Match at: 19:45 | League: ITALY: SERIE A – ROUND 6 | Tip: Home Win | Odds: 1.53 | Bookie: Unibet.
Juventus – Lecce Predictions and Preview
- Not even two equalizers could save Juventus from suffering their first defeat of the new Serie A (SA) season in a 4-2 thriller against Sassuolo, which saw two Wojciech Szczesny howlers and an incredible Fabio Gatti own goal. Their head coach Max Allegri didn’t draw any tragic conclusions from the loss given their respectable start (W3, D1, L1), stating “we were not phenomenal before this game and we have not become poor now”.
- Juventus have conceded in both home league matches this season, but in the most recent one they managed to beat Lazio comfortably 3-1. Bianconeri should be confident they can follow up on that home victory, not least after winning nine of their ten SA matches last season against teams that finished 16th or worse (D1), which includes their next opponents Lecce.
- Lecce continued their impressive unbeaten start to the 2023/24 season with Friday night’s 1-0 victory over Genoa, which marked their best-ever five game start to a SA season (W3, D2). However, their manager Roberto D’Aversa, who was formally acknowledged before the game as SA’s Coach of the Month for August, warned his side to “keep their feet on the ground”.
- That’s because Lecce were considered one of the leading relegation candidates heading into the season, but across this campaign and last, the Giallorossi have suffered just one defeat from their last ten competitive matches (W5, D4). Perhaps the visitors could therefore repeat their 1-1 draw here from 2012, which was also interestingly in a midweek round!
- Players to watch: Dušan Vlahović is on fire in front of his fans after netting three goals in two matches here this term, with two arriving beyond the hour mark. Meanwhile, Lecce’s Remi Oudin celebrated his first match with a winner in the last round and he has scored four goals in his last five SA matches, with three arriving after the break.
- Hot stat: Lecce are the only SA side yet to concede a second-half goal this season.