Monza – Bologna Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Monza 0-0 Bologna
Date: 28.09.2023 | Match at: 17:30 | League: ITALY: SERIE A – ROUND 6 | Tip: Over 1.5 Goals | Odds: 1.30 | Bookie: Unibet.
Monza – Bologna Predictions and Preview
- Raffaele Palladino may be forced to rotate his Monza side following their 1-1 draw with Lazio at the weekend, which perhaps makes this midweek round that swiftly follows a little untimely. The manager admits the players were “exhausted” after putting in a “great performance” in which Roberto Gagliardini netted a first-half equaliser to secure the visitors a creditable point.
- That was the Biancorossi’s second successive draw, but it does mean they’ve lost just one of their last four Serie A (SA) fixtures (W1, D2). It has therefore been a positive start to the campaign for a side who many feared could struggle with second season syndrome in the top-flight, but they have interestingly collected more points in their opening five outings than they did in their first seven matches in 2022/23!
- Monza will be looking to extend that record against visitors Bologna, who have also drawn their last two games, with both clashes finishing goalless. The most recent of those fixtures saw them become the first team to prevent defending champions Napoli from scoring this season and led manager Thiago Motta to praise his “improving” side for “a fantastic collective effort.”
- It’s easy to see why the boss is pleased with his team’s direction of travel, as they are now unbeaten in four outings (W1, D3). They ought to be confident of extending that form on the road, where they have not lost in five top-flight matches (W2, D3), but they could certainly do with turning some of those draws into victories if they are going to improve upon last season’s ninth-placed finish.
- Players to watch: Monza’s Andrea Colpani, their top-scorer so far this season, is looking to improve on a record of winning just two of the six SA matches in which he has netted (D2, L2). Bologna might hand a full debut to new signing Alexis Saelemaekers, who has suffered defeat in just one of his last 12 SA appearances (W6, D5).
- Hot stat: Both Monza and Bologna have seen three second half goals scored in their respective SA games this season, a joint league-low.