Southampton – Leeds Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Southampton 3-1 Leeds
Date: 30.09.2023 | Match at: 12:30 | League: ENGLAND: CHAMPIONSHIP – ROUND 9 | Tip: Over 2.5 Goals | Odds: 1.60 | Bookie: Unibet.
Southampton – Leeds Predictions and Preview
- Things have gone from bad to worse for Southampton and new boss Russell Martin, who were left licking their collective wounds after a 2-1 league defeat against a then winless Middlesbrough side extended their losing run to four. That sequence has seen a growing number of fans calling for Martin’s sacking on social media and comment sections alike, which is unsurprising given it is their worst run at this level since 2008.
- That pressure could become too much to bear should they fall again, as the Saints have never lost five in a row since the Championship’s first season as it is now back in 2004/05. Avoiding such a fate is no guarantee against Leeds United though, with the Saints picking up just one win against them across the last three seasons in which they were both Premier League sides (W1, D2, L3).
- Drawing half of their league games has held Leeds back from the automatic promotion spots at this stage of the season (W3, D4, L1), yet they’re certainly dreaming of an immediate top-flight return. Boss Daniel Farke said that keeping a clean sheet was the “most pleasing topic” after their 3-0 win over Watford last weekend, although they’ve now put together a four-game run without conceding!
- Keeping a fifth straight clean sheet at this level isn’t beyond the realms of possibility as one only needs to look back to their last promotion season in 2019/20 to find Leeds’ last such run. However, whilst they were busy winning the title in that campaign, Farke played out his only two personal H2Hs against the Saints (as Norwich manager), a pair of defeats with a total of five goals conceded across those games.
- Players to watch: Ché Adams has assisted both of Southampton’s goals across their rotten losing run and has had a hand in each of his side’s last three goals in the league (G1, A2). Whilee Leeds’ defence deserves to be celebrated, Daniel James is hitting top form after assisting four of his side’s 13 league goals this season – a Championship high ahead of the round.
- Hot stat: Leeds have avoided defeat in three of their four league games this season when conceding first (W1, D2, L1).