Blackburn – Leicester Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Blackburn 1-4 Leicester
Date: 01.10.2023 | Match at: 12:00 | League: ENGLAND: CHAMPIONSHIP – ROUND 9 | Tip: Over 2.5 Goals | Odds: 1.57 | Bookie: Unibet.
Blackburn – Leicester Predictions and Preview
- Jon Dahl Tomasson’s Blackburn will hope to take their cup form into the league, having eased into the Fourth Round of the Carabao Cup on Wednesday night thanks to a thumping 5-2 win over Cardiff City. Setting up a glamour tie at Premier League giants Chelsea, that was Rovers’ first win in three after back-to-back league defeats that left them with just ten points from their first eight games in the Championship (W3, D1, L4).
- Transferring their Carabao Cup goal scoring knack into the league would also prove handy for Rovers, who have netted a whopping 17 goals in the competition so far, five more than they’ve managed in the league to date. That’s even more worrying when you consider Blackburn have been leaking goals so far this season, with just one Championship clean sheet so far, and none in their last five outings in all competitions.
- The chances of one coming against a Leicester side who come into this round top-of-the-table look minimal, with the Foxes only failing to score once in their 11 games in all competitions. Winning seven of their first eight league games since relegation, and all four of their Championship road outings, Leicester are certainly one of the second-tier’s most revered opponents right now.
- Leicester’s Carabao Cup midweek fortunes differed to Blackburn’s, as they bowed out the competition against Liverpool at Anfield (L 3-1). That means they head into Sunday’s trip to Ewood Park aiming to avoid back-to-back defeats for the first time this season, but to do so they’ll need to improve a poor record in this part of East Lancashire having won on just one of their last ten visits (D2, L7).
- Players to watch: Sammie Szmodics has earned Blackburn four points already this term, with five league goals to his name and he scored against the Foxes in the FA Cup last season. A new look Leicester have leaned on academy product Kasey Mcateer, whose third minute strike at Anfield was the third time he’s netted within the opening 20 minutes this season.
- Hot stat: Just two of the last 17 H2Hs have been won by the away side on the day.