Union Berlin – Braga Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Union Berlin 2-3 Braga
Date: 03.10.2023 | Match at: 17:45 | League: CHAMPIONS LEAGUE – GROUP STAGE – ROUND 2 | Tip: Under 3.5 Goals | Odds: 1.32 | Bookie: Unibet.
Union Berlin – Braga Predictions and Preview
- Union Berlin’s UEFA Champions League (UCL) group stage debut was admirable but ultimately unsuccessful as they held 14-time winners Real Madrid scoreless for 90 minutes only to be cruelly denied a draw by conceding in stoppage time. They earned powerful praise from Madrid boss Carlo Ancelotti, who described Union as “very difficult” opposition and told reporters that they “defended very well” throughout.
- This meeting with Portuguese club Braga could be one of the most fascinating ties of the matchday, not least because these clubs met in the previous UEFA Europa League (UEL) group stage, in which Union progressed to the knockouts at Braga’s expense. Whilst the German side were triumphant in this corresponding fixture on that occasion (1-0), their longest competitive losing streak (L4) since March-May 2020 simply cannot be ignored ahead of this rematch.
- Braga suffered similar heartbreak in their first group stage game too, equalising late at home to Italian champions Napoli before an 88th-minute own goal from defender Sikou Niakate condemned them to a 2-1 defeat. After piling on eight goals in 4-2 and 4-1 league victories between UCL appearances, they’ll be hoping to prove a stern test for Union’s resolute defence.
- Their 1-0 loss in Berlin last season is probably a fair indication of how they may fare here. Across their last three continental campaigns, Braga have collected just two away wins in the group stage and beyond (D2, L6). They suffered just one multiple goal losing margin (2-0 at Sheriff Tiraspol) when excluding extra time of their 2021-22 UEL quarter-final against Rangers during that stint however.
- Players to watch: Kevin Behrens has been responsible for four of Union’s nine Bundesliga goals this season, with Union winning 14 of the last 16 games in which he has scored. Bruma is likely to be Braga’s dangerman after scoring in four of their five 2023/24 UEFA fixtures.
- Hot stat: All but two of Braga’s 12 competitive games this season have produced over 2.5 total goals.