Atletico Madrid – Feyenoord Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Atletico Madrid – Feyenoord
Date: 04.10.2023 | Match at: 17:45 | League: CHAMPIONS LEAGUE – GROUP STAGE – ROUND 2 | Tip: Under 3.5 Goals | Odds: 1.39 | Bookie: Unibet.
Atletico Madrid – Feyenoord Predictions and Preview
- All the heart and fighting spirit of a typical Diego Simeone side was on full display on Sunday, as Atlético Madrid battled back from two goals down to eventually see off Cádiz 3-2. That made it three wins from three for Atléti since conceding a 95th-minute equaliser to Lazio goalkeeper Ivan Provedel on matchday one of this season’s UEFA Champions League (UCL), meaning the Mattress Makers need to bounce back if they’re to assume control in Group E.
- Simeone will have to fight off some continental demons to achieve that, as Atléti finished bottom of their UCL group last year for the first time ever. A measly return of two wins from their last 11 group-stage matches underlines a longstanding problem (D3, L6), with that sequence including an ongoing six-game winless streak (D3, L3). The Cívitas Metropolitano is something of a fortress for the capital club however, as they have won their last 12 outings there in La Liga.
- Feyenoord arrive in the Spanish capital top of the group after a 2-0 victory over nine-man Celtic last month. Arne Slot’s men will also be full of confidence after an unbeaten start to their Eredivisie title defence (W5, D2), a run that includes a thumping 4-0 victory over Dutch giants Ajax and 6-1 thrashings of both Almere City and Heerenveen.
- While the Rotterdam outfit may have won six successive encounters in all competitions, they’ve got a huge job on their hands if they’re to end a seven-match winless streak away from De Kuip in Europe (D3, L4). That record gets worse when focusing solely on the UCL, in which they’ve lost their last seven away games, with their last victory coming against Newcastle United back in September 2002.
- Players to watch: Álvaro Morata may have scored five goals in six La Liga appearances this term, but he’ll be looking to break his continental duck for Atléti, as he’s without a UCL goal for them in seven outings in the competition since the 2019/20 season. Feyenoord’s Calvin Stengs is in devastating form at present, directly contributing to eight goals in his last six matches (G3, A5).
- Hot stat: Atlético have kept clean sheets in each of their last four meetings with Dutch opposition.