Austria – Belgium Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Austria 2-3 Belgium
Date: 13.10.2023 | Match at: 19:45 | League: EURO – QUALIFICATION – ROUND 7 | Tip: Under 3.5 Goals | Odds: 1.33 | Bookie: Unibet.
Austria – Belgium Predictions and Preview
- UEFA Euro 2024 qualifying Group F has turned into a two-horse race for top spot between undefeated nations Austria and Belgium, with the two teams locked on 13 points (W4, D1), seven points better off than their nearest pursuer Sweden. Of course, winning the group is merely for bragging rights, since the top two sides will book their spot at the tournament proper in Germany next year.
- The victor here will punch their tickets with two games to spare however, giving Austria the opportunity to reach their third successive European Championship. The hosts are currently second only due to goal difference, but with Ralf Rangnick’s men having won all three of their home group matches thus far, the home faithful will be confident of witnessing the Boys’ first win over Belgium since June 1959!
- The most recent of those winless efforts came in the reverse fixture back in June – a 1-1 draw in Brussels – which is still the only time Belgium have conceded throughout this qualification campaign. FIFA’s fifth-ranked nation has though been free-scoring with 13 goals, meaning they have now found the net in all but three of their last 60 encounters.
- Given their attacking prowess, recording another clean sheet should give the Red Devils’ golden generation another shot at gold, which would be their third consecutive European Championship and sixth successive major tournament. The closest Belgium have been to winning the Euros was a runners-up finish in 1980, and head coach Domenico Tedesco seems to be moulding his squad into real contenders in an attempt to go one step further next year.
- Players to watch: After three goal involvements for Wolves in his last five appearances (G2, A1), Saša Kalajdžić makes his return to the Austria set-up for the first time since the summer of 2022, having recovered from a serious knee injury. Romelu Lukaku scored his 76th and 77th goals for Belgium in their 5-0 drubbing of Estonia last time out, starting a streak of netting on nine occasions in his last eight outings for club and country, with six of those efforts coming after the 55th minute.
- Hot stat: Belgium have lost just one of their last 53 games in major tournament qualification campaigns (W44, D8).