Czech Republic – Faroe Islands Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Czech Republic 1-0 Faroe Islands
Date: 15.10.2023 | Match at: 17:00 | League: EURO – QUALIFICATION – ROUND 7 | Tip: Over 2.5 Goals | Odds: 1.38 | Bookie: Unibet.
Czech Republic – Faroe Islands Predictions and Preview
- Forced to play more than an entire half with ten men after Mojmír Chytil was sent off in the 39th minute, Czech Republic fell to a 3-0 loss against Albania on Thursday, handing them their first defeat in Group E of this European Championship Qualifying (ECQ) campaign (W2, D2). There are three teams vying for second spot in the group, and they’re currently all separated by a point, but with the other two facing each other, the Czechs can gain vital ground and finish the round in that position should Poland drop points against Moldova.
- Despite the frustration of Thursday’s defeat, head coach Jaroslav Šilhavý refused to accept his side had given up on their automatic qualification hopes, reminding the media that his group still had their destiny in their own hands. A return home should raise the spirits in the camp as the Czechs have won five of their last six home ECQs (D1), and have lost just once in over 12 years in home European qualifiers.
- Faroe Islands continued their rotten run after a 2-0 loss to Poland on Thursday condemned them to a sixth straight loss, a game in which Coach Håkan Ericson felt his side started the contest well, but were “killed” in the second half. It was at least the third successive game they’d restricted their opponents to two or fewer goals, which is a sign of some improvement, and the visitors still have an outside chance of advancing to the play-offs, but prospects of making their first-ever European Championships remain slim.
- The visitors are without a win of any kind on the road since March 2022, while four of their last six ECQ matches have ended in defeat by at least a three-goal margin. The two exceptions in that streak were in their last two ECQ away fixtures (D1, L1), so again there’s evidence that Ericson’s men are steadily developing.
- Players to watch: Tomáš Souček has three goals across his last five competitive games and extending that record could help the Czechs, who have won on four of his last five scoring appearances (D1). That record is even better for Brandur Hendriksson, whose six international goals have come in five wins for the Faroe Islands.
- Hot stat: Czech Republic have never conceded in six H2Hs, but have netted two or fewer goals in four of those.