Mexico – Germany Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Mexico 2-2 Germany
Date: 18.10.2023 | Match at: 01:00 | League: FRIENDLY INTERNATIONAL | Tip: Over 2.5 Goals | Odds: 1.65 | Bookie: Unibet.
Mexico – Germany Predictions and Preview
- Mexico coach Jaime Lozano insisted he “really liked” what he saw from his side in their 2-0 friendly win over Ghana in what was his first victory at the helm. It was a day of firsts for Mexico and Lozano, who also collected their first clean sheet under his guidance in that match, a positive sign to complement the fact they have scored at least twice in each of the three games he has overseen to date (W1, D2).
- Lozano’s sternest test to date now awaits in the form of FIFA’s #15-ranked Germany, a side Mexico have beaten just once across the last seven H2Hs (D2, L4). That sole win was in the last meeting however, and with Mexico coming into this clash ranked three places higher than Germany, the 2023 Gold Cup champions should feel confident of extending their six match unbeaten run (W4, D2).
- Germany also ran out victors in friendly action prior to this clash, battling from a goal down to beat Mexico’s bitter foes, the USA, 3-1 in Julian Nagelsmann’s first game in charge. The Euro 2024 hosts have been tasked with a wealth of friendlies whilst their European counterparts play out qualifiers, so the Germans are no strangers to non-competitive action, with this their ninth such game of 2023 so far (W3, D1, L4).
- These games are being earmarked to build momentum towards the Euro finals in Germany next summer, and an enthused Sporting Director Rudi Völler, who was key in appointing Nagelsmann, said he “wants more” after that USA victory. Living up to that rallying cry likely starts with Nagelsmann emulating his two permanent predecessors, Hansi Flick and Joachim Löw, in winning their first two games in charge.
- Players to watch: Uriel Antuna likes to have a final say on Mexico’s proceedings, netting his nation’s last goal in their two prior outings. Germany’s Niclas Füllkrug has been in the thick of the action in 2023, netting five international goals in six appearances, all of which arrived before the hour mark.
- Hot streak: Mexico have scored at least twice in their last five international friendlies.