Rotherham – Ipswich Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Rotherham – Ipswich
Date: 20.10.2023 | Match at: 20:00 | League: ENGLAND: CHAMPIONSHIP – ROUND 12 | Tip: Over 2.5 Goals | Odds: 1.60 | Bookie: Unibet.
Rotherham – Ipswich Predictions and Preview
- With 14 games left before 2024 comes around, Rotherham go in search of just a seventh league win of this calendar year having played 33 Championship games to date in 2023 (D11, L15). The 11 of those to come this term have brought limited success, with just a solitary victory at home to Ipswich’s bitter rivals Norwich, and three draws elsewhere to show for their efforts.
- The struggling Millers are firmly rooted in the relegation zone having lost the other seven, a far cry from the position they found themselves in at this stage last season just after Matt Taylor had taken over, when they sat fifth. Notably, Taylor has had 50 games in the hot seat now, winning just nine (D16, L25), but they should be rallied by the 1-1 draw they ground out at Southampton a fortnight ago, after which the boss admitted Jordan Hugill’s equaliser may well have saved him from the sack.
- In the build-up to Friday’s game, Taylor also admitted his team at times “haven’t looked like a second tier side”, and with high-flying Ipswich visiting the AESSEAL New York Stadium, there’s a distinct chance that may well be the case again. Newly promoted, the Tractor Boys look good value for a real shot at reaching the Premier League after winning nine of their first 11 and know a win here will see them go into the weekend in top spot.
- Their 28-point haul is the third-best start ever to a Championship season by any club, bettered only by promoted Sheffield United in 2005/06 and this term’s leaders Leicester City, both amassing 30 points after 11 matches. And having hammered Rotherham 4-1 at Portman Road in the FA Cup last term, Ipswich will fancy they can pick up the three points that would see them end Friday night looking down on the rest.
- Players to watch: Rotherham’s Hugill may fancy building on his job saving goal against Southampton given he’s netted in both his personal home H2H games against Ipswich. Conor Chaplin has averaged a goal every two games this season for the Tractor Boys and he scored from the spot against the Millers in January.
- Hot stat: Ipswich are yet to be behind at half-time away from home in the league this term (W3, D2).