Inter – Salzburg Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Inter 2-1 Salzburg
Date: 24.10.2023 | Match at: 17:45 | League: CHAMPIONS LEAGUE – GROUP STAGE – ROUND 3 | Tip: Home Win | Odds: 1.30 | Bookie: Unibet.
Inter – Salzburg Predictions and Preview
- With only a single point separating the top-three clubs in Group D of the UEFA Champions League (UCL), Inter Milan and Salzburg’s meeting on matchday three could prove pivotal in the grand scheme of knockout qualification. Inter should be in high spirits after a 3-0 win over Torino at the weekend maintained their status as Serie A (SA) title challengers and stretched their impressive record to eight victories across their last 11 competitive games (D2, L1).
- Four points from the first two group games keeps the Nerazzurri hot in pursuit of a top-two finish in Group D, but recent poor form at San Siro remains a concern. Simone Inzaghi’s men have produced a mixed bag of results across their last three home matches (W1, D1, L1), but this game could bring relief given Inter have never lost a home match against Austrian clubs in all competitions (W7, D1).
- Salzburg lost 1-0 to LASK over the weekend as they lost ground in the Austrian Bundesliga title race. Winless in three competitive games (D1, L2), the onus is on the visitors to ensure last season’s Italian curse isn’t repeated, as the Red Bulls came third in their UCL group that included AC Milan, losing 4-0 at this venue before subsequently being dumped out of the Europa League by another Italian club, Roma.
- Recent form in this competition is another hurdle for the visitors, who have won just twice across their last ten UCL matches (D4, L4). One of those wins came on the road against Benfica on matchday one though, which now gives them a chance to post consecutive away wins in the UCL group stages for the first time in their history.
- Players to watch: Marcus Thuram scored Inter’s opener at the weekend, making it a fifth consecutive club game where he directly contributed to a goal (G2, A3). Salzburg could do with an inspired performance from Roko Šimić, who scored and assisted in their 2-0 win in their last away UCL game.
- Hot stat: Five of Salzburg’s last seven away UCL matches saw the opening match goal arrive on or before the 15th minute.