Genoa – Salernitana Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Genoa 1-0 Salernitana
Date: 27.10.2023 | Match at: 19:45 | League: ITALY: SERIE A – ROUND 10 | Tip: Over 1.5 Goals | Odds: 1.38 | Bookie: Unibet.
Genoa – Salernitana Predictions and Preview
- Two of this season’s early Serie A (SA) strugglers will open the next round when Genoa welcome Salernitana to Stadio Luigi Ferraris. The hosts returned from October’s international break to fall to a 2-0 defeat away to Atalanta, meaning they have now won just one of their last seven SA outings (D2, L4), but manager Alberto Gilardino praised their “attitude” and believes a repeat performance will serve them well going forward. With just eight points to their name (W2, D2, L5) and in 15th place, they enter a run of six consecutive league games against clubs all currently in the bottom half of the standings.
- Their early season SA form has been largely hindered by an inability to keep the ball out of their own net, illustrated by a tally of just one clean sheet from nine matches. An improvement in that regard will be desperately needed here, especially as recent meetings between these sides have usually been low-scoring affairs. For Genoa, inspiration could instead be found in their return of just one loss across their prior eight home H2Hs (W5, D2).
- Travelling Salernitana picked up a valuable point at home to Cagliari on Sunday on the debut of new manager Filippo Inzaghi, though they had to rely on a 95th minute penalty from Boulaye Dia to finish even with SA’s current last-placed side. That underwhelming result made it nine without victory to start this current SA campaign (D4, L5), whilst their tally of four points at present is far short of the ten they had at this point last campaign.
- If Inzaghi’s side are to avoid relegation, drastic improvements have to be made both in defence overall and to their form on the road. Salernitana have conceded more SA goals (19) than any other club so far, whilst their three-game losing streak away from home is the longest of the competition.
- Players to watch: New signing Mateo Retegui hit the ground running for Genoa, netting five competitive goals of which four have come on home soil. Dia remains Salernitana’s main hope as they haven’t lost any of his last nine goalscoring appearances (W2, D7).
- Hot stat: The last seven H2H meetings were either drawn or won by a one-goal margin.