Cagliari – Frosinone Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Cagliari 4-3 Frosinone
Date: 29.10.2023 | Match at: 12:30 | League: ITALY: SERIE A – ROUND 10 | Tip: Under 3.5 Goals | Odds: 1.33 | Bookie: Unibet.
Cagliari – Frosinone Predictions and Preview
- Cagliari halted a run of four straight defeats in Serie A (SA) thanks to a 2-2 draw at Salernitana last weekend, but their overall plight remains worrying as they remain one of the three teams yet to win this league campaign (D3, L6). Not only does that leave them bottom of the SA standings after nine match days, but it extended the Sardinians winless streak to 14 top-flight games which is the longest such streak among the current SA teams.
- Another failure to win here would make it the fourth time that they’ve remained winless after the first ten games of a top-flight campaign. That could prove catastrophic in the greater scheme of things as two of the previous three times that happened, Cagliari were relegated come the end of the season!
- After a four-year absence from the top-flight, Frosinone were promoted alongside Cagliari last season, but are doing much better than their hosts. They’ve secured an even record after nine matches (W3, D3, L3) after a 2-1 loss to Bologna last weekend robbed them of the chance to start this round in seventh spot and become the third newly-promoted team to reach 15 points after nine rounds since the start of the last decade.
- Three of the four league H2Hs, including both Serie B games last season, have ended in a stalemate, leaving little to choose between these two sides. A point might actually be a good result for Frosinone given their struggles on the road so far this season (D2, L2). That run includes losing their past two away outings, which puts them under threat of securing three top-flight away defeats on the bounce since October 2018 here.
- Key battle: Cagliari goalkeeper Simone Scuffet has collected clean sheets in alternate games across his last four personal H2Hs, conceding in his last such match. Trying to spoil his plans for extending that record here is Frosinone forward Matías Soulé, who with his penalty vs. Bologna last time out, became the youngest non-European player to score 3+ goals in the big-five European leagues this season.
- Hot stat: In 12 of Cagliari’s last 13 SA games, the half-time result was replicated at full-time.