Lazio – Fiorentina Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Lazio 1-0 Fiorentina
Date: 30.10.2023 | Match at: 20:45 | League: ITALY: SERIE A – ROUND 10 | Tip: Under 3.5 Goals | Odds: 1.32 | Bookie: Unibet.
Lazio – Fiorentina Predictions and Preview
- Lazio manager Maurizio Sarri will be demanding a response from his side after being left furious by their 3-1 defeat to Feyenoord in the UEFA Champions League in midweek. The boss, who was particularly annoyed at conceding two goals before half-time, is concerned his players are failing to play well for an entire game, admitting there’s a tendency for “10 or 15 minutes of total emptiness” which can cost them a result.
- The Italian may be being a little critical of his side, given Wednesday’s defeat was just a second loss across the Eagles’ last eight games in all competitions (W4, D2), which suggests they are over their poor start to the season. Even so, Sarri will be expecting a better performance than their midweek showing as Lazio return to Serie A (SA) action attempting to extend a run of seven wins from their last eleven league outings at Stadio Olimpico (D2, L2).
- Standing in their way are a Fiorentina side who may head to Rome with a little bit of trepidation, largely thanks to winning just one of the last 13 H2Hs (D3, L9). Vincenzo Italiano’s side do have one of the division’s better records on the road though, picking up ten points from their opening five away league fixtures for the first time in a decade (W3, D1, L1), including a 3-1 win at reigning champions Napoli earlier this month.
- La Viola were last in action on Thursday night, when they bounced back from a shock 2-0 SA loss to Empoli by hammering Serbian side Čukarički 6-0 in the UEFA Europa Conference League. The first two goals were netted by summer signing Lucas Beltrán, who finally got off the mark for the club, something which Italiano says “will boost his confidence”, and probably that of his fellow attackers too considering Fiorentina haven’ scored more than once in any of their last eight away H2Hs (D2, L6).
- Key battle: Lazio’s top scorer Luis Alberto is attempting to extend his staggering run of winning 19 of the last 20 matches in which he has netted (L1). Charged with thwarting him may be Fiorentina goalkeeper Pietro Terracciano, although he has never kept a clean sheet in six winless H2Hs (D2, L4).
- Hot streak: Fiorentina are the only team in SA who have seen each of their league games this season feature at least two goals.