Bologna – Lazio Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Bologna 1-0 Lazio
Date: 03.11.2023 | Match at: 20:45 | League: ITALY: SERIE A – ROUND 11 | Tip: Over 1.5 Goals | Odds: 1.31 | Bookie: Unibet.
Bologna – Lazio Predictions and Preview
- Manager Thiago Motta is warning his Bologna side they need to cut out the “mistakes” if they are to continue their quest for European qualification. The boss was unhappy at an error-strewn performance from his side as they could only manage a 1-1 draw with struggling Sassuolo last weekend, despite taking the lead through Joshua Zirkzee’s third-minute strike.
- The Greyhounds are stuck in Groundhog Day, as that was their sixth Serie A (SA) stalemate of the season, and their fifth across their last seven league outings (W2). They remain unbeaten since the opening day of the campaign, but will hope a return to the Stadio Renato Dall’Ara can herald a return to winning ways, as their three victories in the top-flight so far have all come on home soil (D1, L1).
- Extending that good form won’t be easy against visitors Lazio though, who have only lost two of the 21 H2Hs contested since 2012 (D8, L11), keeping ten clean sheets in the process! The Eagles will have plenty of belief that they can keep that run going too, given a 1-0 victory over Fiorentina on Monday night moved them above Bologna in the table.
- That was a fourth victory in five games (L1) across all competitions for Maurizio Sarri’s side, with their only defeat coming against Feyenoord in the UEFA Champions League. That seems to suggest they are over their poor start to the campaign, and the manager is now challenging his players to prove they can at least equal their second placed finish in Serie A in 2022/23 after claiming “the squad is stronger than last season.”
- Key battle: Zirkzee’s goal for Bologna last weekend extended his record to just one defeat from the 21 league games in which he has netted (W16, D4). Attempting to thwart him will be Lazio goalkeeper Ivan Provedel, although he has kept just one clean sheet in nine H2Hs (W3, D2, L4).
- Hot stat: Bologna have only conceded two second half goals this season, the joint-lowest total in SA.