Verona – Monza Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Verona 1-3 Monza
Date: 05.11.2023 | Match at: 12:30 | League: ITALY: SERIE A – ROUND 11 | Tip: Over 1.5 Goals | Odds: 1.34 | Bookie: Unibet.
Verona – Monza Predictions and Preview
- In the midst of a nine-match winless run in all competitions (D2, L7), Hellas Verona have the two wins they opened their Serie A (SA) campaign with to thank for starting the round outside the drop zone. Their cushion could have been marginally better than the solitary point it stands at ahead of the round had they not conceded in the 96th minute in their 1-0 defeat against Juventus in their last SA outing.
- Things got worse in midweek with a 2-0 Coppa Italia defeat against Bologna, and boss Marco Baroni claimed afterwards that fans’ concern was “justified” after their fourth defeat in a row. They haven’t been quite as bad in SA at home this term (W1, D1, L2), but with the two defeats their most recent results at the Stadio Marcantonio Bentegodi, they’re at risk of losing three successive SA home games for the first time since November 2022.
- Monza would love to be the side to inflict such misery upon their hosts and travel east in a comfortable mid-table position. Their form of late has been solid (W2, D4, L1), and having already been knocked out of the Coppa Italia back in August, they’ve had time to rest in midweek and prepare solely for this clash against a side they took four points off last season (W1, D1).
- That draw was attained away from home last term (1-1) and is as good as it’s got in away H2Hs for Monza, who have never beaten Verona on the road (D1, L3). While Verona’s struggles would indicate there’s a good chance that winless record ends here, Monza winning just one of their five away league games (D1, L3) this term would hint that it’s not quite that cut and dry, especially given those five games have seen them net just twice in total.
- Players to watch: Darko Lazović is the only Verona player to score across their last three home league outings, and six of his last seven goals have come on home soil. Liking to make a telling impact, Lorenzo Colombo’s last four club goals have been decisive in victory.
- Hot stat: Verona have failed to score before the break in nine of their ten SA outings this term.