Shakhtar Donetsk – Barcelona Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Shakhtar Donetsk 1-0 Barcelona
Date: 07.11.2023 | Match at: 18:45 | League: CHAMPIONS LEAGUE – GROUP STAGE – ROUND 4 | Tip: Over 2.5 Goals | Odds: 1.45 | Bookie: Unibet.
Shakhtar Donetsk – Barcelona Predictions and Preview
- Shakhtar Donetsk proved a tough nut to crack in a 2-1 defeat against Barcelona on matchday three of the UEFA Champions League (UCL) group stages, but the result left them three points adrift of second-placed Porto. That was Marino Pušić’s first game in charge of the club, and he’s since followed it up with back-to-back domestic wins, helping to build momentum for potential revenge at the neutral venue of the Volksparkstadion.
- It’s not just the reverse fixture that Shakhtar will be looking to avenge, as they’ve lost five of their seven UCL H2H meetings (W2) – their joint-most number of defeats in the competition against a single club! Any hopes of changing that narrative look slim based on their recent record, as Shakhtar have won just once across their last eight UCL matches (D3, L4).
- Despite their dominant H2H record, Barcelona have never previously beaten Shakhtar twice in a UCL group stage. Xavi’s men travel to Germany having enjoyed a perfect European campaign to date (W3), and if that trend continues, it will be just the third time the Blaugrana have won their first four UCL group games – while they could also win an 11th consecutive game against Ukrainian clubs.
- Victory could seal their progression to the UCL knockout stages for the first time in three seasons, and confidence is bound to be high after securing a last-gasp 1-0 win at Real Sociedad. Back-to-back UCL away wins is a good omen heading into this trip too, although four defeats in the preceding five such matches (W1) – each without scoring – suggests they can’t take anything for granted.
- Players to watch: Oleksandr Zubkov has been a busy man for Shakhtar recently, contributing (G2, A2) across three of his last four games – the only exception came against Barcelona in the reverse fixture. Ferran Torres scored and assisted in that match, making it a ninth consecutive win for the Spaniard when he scored in the UCL group stage.
- Hot stat: Shakhtar have conceded the match opener in seven of their last eight UCL games, including each of the last five.