Napoli – Empoli Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Napoli 0-1 Empoli
Date: 12.11.2023 | Match at: 12:30 | League: ITALY: SERIE A – ROUND 12 | Tip: Over 2.5 Goals | Odds: 1.43 | Bookie: Unibet.
Napoli – Empoli Predictions and Preview
- Frustration is simmering at Napoli, as last season’s Scudetto winners continue to falter in their title defence, trailing the league leaders by seven points ahead of the round. Their frustrations have been equally as evident in the UEFA Champions League too, where a 1-1 midweek draw against Union Berlin saw them miss a glorious opportunity to put one foot into the knockout stages.
- Such a plight has thrust boss Rudi Garcia into the spotlight, and with discontent rife, it does appear he’s a man under pressure ahead of the visit of Empoli. That’s perhaps a timely visit as far as Garcia is concerned, as he has had success against this opponent in his career (W3, D1), although history would suggest Napoli will need to score at least twice to win as his side on the day conceded exactly once in his last three personal H2Hs.
- Struggling inside the relegation zone, things look bleak for Empoli, who have lost eight of their 11 Serie A (SA) games this term (W2, D1). Worryingly, it’s the most defeats they’ve ever suffered after 11 SA rounds, and is just the fourth time in SA history they’ve ever had seven or fewer points at this stage, with all three other occasions resulting in relegation.
- New boss Aurelio Andreazzoli will hope to be the man to change that, and he has had some success in the dugout so far, as he’s responsible for all seven of their SA points this term. But a 2-1 defeat to Frosinone in their last outing was definitely a low point in his tenure so far, and you can’t rule out yet more misery coming here considering Empoli have won just one of their last 14 SA away games (D4, L9).
- Players to watch: In the continued absence of Victor Osimhen, Napoli may look to their midweek scorer Matteo Politano for inspiration considering he’s scored in two successive home games. Empoli have scored just three goals across their last five SA games, and Francesco Caputo is responsible for two of them, both of which came on the road.
- Hot stat: A league-low one of Empoli’s 11 league games this term saw both teams score.