Luton – Arsenal Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Luton – Arsenal
Date: 05.12.2023 | Match at: 21:15 | League: ENGLAND: PREMIER LEAGUE – ROUND 15 | Tip: Over 2.5 Goals | Odds: 1.49 | Bookie: Unibet.
Luton – Arsenal Predictions and Preview
- Luton boss Rob Edwards is demanding a reaction from his players after their weekend defeat to Brentford. The manager admitted they “didn’t deserve anything” from a 3-1 loss, as the Hatters suffered a fifth defeat from their last eight Premier League (PL) outings (W1, D2), and as if that wasn’t bad enough, victories for relegation rivals Burnley and Everton cut their cushion to the drop zone to just two points.
- Victory over the Bees would have seen Luton register back-to-back top-flight victories for the first time since December 1991, having beaten Crystal Palace seven days earlier. That victory came at Kenilworth Road, and they may be pleased to return home where they are unbeaten in their last two games (W1, D1), while the eight goals they have conceded in six PL matches on home soil is a joint-low for the bottom half of the division.
- That defensive resolve will be severely tested by visitors Arsenal, who arrive on a run of five successive victories in all competitions. Three of those wins have come in the PL as the Gunners push hard to be top of the table at Christmas for the second year running, although they know all too well holding such a position doesn’t guarantee success given their side had a five-point lead in top spot on December 25th last season and still finished second to Manchester City!
- A 2-1 victory over Wolves on Saturday ensured they come into this midweek round looking down on the rest, with manager Mikel Arteta describing his players’ performance as “excellent” as he saw his team become just the fifth side across the traditional top-five European leagues to bring up a century of goals in 2023 across all competitions. He will be hoping they can carry that clinical nature into this clash against the Hatters, whom they amazingly have not beaten in ten away games (D6, L4), albeit their last visit to Luton came in December 1991.
- Key battle: Striker Carlton Morris has helped Luton to victory in eight of the last 11 games in which he has scored (D2, L1), including four 1-0 successes. Attempting to keep him quiet, Arsenal goalkeeper David Raya has kept a clean sheet in three of his four personal H2Hs (W3, L1).
- Hot stat: Ten of the last 13 goals scored across Arsenal’s last five away matches have come after half-time.