Brest – Strasbourg Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Brest 1-1 Strasbourg
Date: 07.12.2023 | Match at: 20:30 | League: FRANCE: LIGUE 1 – ROUND 12 | Tip: Over 1.5 Goals | Odds: 1.33 | Bookie: Unibet.
Brest – Strasbourg Predictions and Preview
- Brest and Strasbourg are set to clash at Stade Francis-Le Blé in a rescheduled encounter from the 12th matchday of Ligue 1, which was postponed due to the impact of Storm Ciarán. The two teams enter this game in contrasting positions, with Brest just one point off the European spots in seventh, while Strasbourg are 15th, only one point above the bottom three, underlining how pressing it is to earn points here.
- The Pirates have momentum on their side, coming into this clash after back-to-back victories and having scored three times in both matches, most recently securing a 3-0 triumph over Clermont on Sunday. Despite manager Éric Roy being reluctant to look too far ahead, fans may start believing that a first-time entry into a European competition is very much possible with a win that would take them up to fifth!
- Getting the three points will be easier said than done though, given that Strasbourg are unbeaten in their last three away outings against Brest (W2, D1), with just one goal conceded in the process. However, the recent form of Patrick Vieira’s men presents a contrasting narrative, with their current streak of seven games without a victory the joint-longest in Ligue 1 (D3, L4) following a 2-1 defeat to Reims at the weekend.
- That loss continued a peculiar trend where the Blue and Whites remain the sole Ligue 1 side yet to have found the net in the first 80 minutes of contests on the road this season, explaining their poor form in the first half of matches on their travels so far this term (HT: D1, L5). Going 1-0 up could be key in Brittany, as each of Strasbourg’s last 14 away league fixtures to have featured a winner saw the victors get the opener (W4, L10).
- Players to watch: Brest’s leading scorer this campaign, Romain Del Castillo (G5), will already have equalled his 2022/23 tally in all competitions with a goal here. Strasbourg will hope Kevin Gameiro can find the net, after leading his team on the day to a clean-sheet win in his three scoring appearances against Brest!
- Hot stat: Just one of the last nine H2Hs has been 0-0 at HT.