Nantes – Brest Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Nantes 0-2 Brest
Date: 17.12.2023 | Match at: 13:00 | League: FRANCE: LIGUE 1 – ROUND 16 | Tip: Over 1.5 Goals | Odds: 1.36 | Bookie: Unibet.
Nantes – Brest Predictions and Preview
- After avoiding relegation by a single point last season, Nantes should be relatively pleased with their mid-table standing after 15 matches, even though they suffered a 2-1 defeat to reigning Ligue 1 champions PSG in their previous outing. The Canaries frustrated their opposition for a large spell of that match, before a late strike from Randal Kolo Muani proved to be the difference and extended their streak to just one win in six league outings (D1, L4).
- A return to Beaujoire Stadium should prove welcome, especially as Nantes became the first side this season to beat Nice in the French top flight (1-0) during their last fixture at this venue. Overall, the hosts have taken twice as many points on home soil (12) as on the road (6), whilst their 13 home goals scored ahead of this round was the joint-fourth most of any side in the competition.
- For this outing, Brest make the trip south east after recording another impressive Ligue 1 victory last weekend when they downed Metz 1-0. That three-point haul moved the visitors up to fifth spot ahead of this latest matchday, a position far above their pre-season expectations of potentially being involved in a relegation battle this campaign.
- Brest are now unbeaten in their last four league matches (W3, D1) and also boast one of Ligue 1’s best away records this campaign, which should give them even more confidence heading into this fixture. Away from home, only PSG have more wins than Brest’s four to date, but they’ll have to be at their best again here to extend that tally, as they’ve lost each of their last four visits to this venue, conceding at least twice on each occasion!
- Players to watch: Since joining Nantes in the summer, forward Mostafa Mohamed has scored six times in Ligue 1, the last two of which came in the 55th minute. Romain Del Castillo enters this match as Brest’s top league scorer (G5), though he failed to score in all ten of his prior H2Hs.
- Hot stat: Brest are the only side yet to score in the opening 15 minutes of a Ligue 1 match this season.