Empoli – Lazio Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Empoli 0-2 Lazio
Date: 22.12.2023 | Match at: 18:30 | League: ITALY: SERIE A – ROUND 17 | Tip: Over 1.5 Goals | Odds: 1.34 | Bookie: Unibet.
Empoli – Lazio Predictions and Preview
- Empoli’s frustrating 1-0 loss at Torino at the weekend means they remain in the Serie A (SA) relegation zone and without a victory in four games (D2, L2). Their hopes of ending that run here seem doubtful, especially when you consider that the Tuscans have only won once at home in the league all season (D2, L5) – a 1-0 triumph over bottom-side Salernitana.
- The Azzurri also possess the bluntest attack in SA this season, with half of their paltry ten-goal haul overall coming at their Stadio Carlo Castellani home. Adding to the gloom for home fans, Empoli haven’t beaten upcoming opponents Lazio across the last nine meetings (D2, L7), while head coach Aurelio Andreazzoli has failed to defeat the Rome giants in any of his six personal H2Hs in the dugout (D2, L4)!
- That said, 11th-placed Lazio have emerged victorious just twice on their SA travels this term and fell to a 2-0 loss against leaders Inter Milan on Sunday. Incredibly, Maurizio Sarri’s men are the only team in the division this season not to have picked up a single point after falling behind, something that has happened in seven encounters and places added emphasis on them making a fast start.
- Interestingly though, Sarri hasn’t been defeated in any of his nine all-time meetings with Empoli (W5, D4) – the club he has faced most in his distinguished managerial career without losing. In order to keep that unbeaten sequence going and secure a first SA win on the road since October 21st, he will be hoping his side get off to a good start – something they have struggled to do of late away from the Stadio Olimpico, having failed to score in the opening 20 minutes in any such match across all competitions this campaign (W3, D1, L7).
- Players to watch: Matteo Cancellieri will be aiming to add to his three goal involvements this season (G1, A2) in what is a face-off against his parent club, while Mattia Zaccagni netted Lazio’s last goal and hasn’t suffered defeat in any of his last seven scoring appearances (W5, D2).
- Hot streak: There has been a goal in the 92nd minute or later in each of the last three H2Hs.