West Ham – Manchester Utd Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
West Ham 2-0 Manchester Utd
Date: 23.12.2023 | Match at: 13:30 | League: ENGLAND: PREMIER LEAGUE – ROUND 18 | Tip: Over 2.5 Goals | Odds: 1.67 | Bookie: Unibet.
West Ham – Manchester Utd Predictions and Preview
- West Ham manager David Moyes’ decision to rotate his squad backfired in midweek, as his side were unceremoniously dumped out of the Carabao Cup by Liverpool. The Hammers managed just one shot on target in that 5-1 drubbing, and having been on the end of a 5-0 scoreline against Fulham recently, there are some alarming signs for Moyes to address ahead of the festive period.
- Both those hammerings came on the road, so a return to the London Stadium is perhaps timely then, as Moyes’ side are unbeaten in six competitive matches on their own turf (W5, D1). West Ham have lost just two of their last ten in the Premier League (PL) here (W6, D2), including a 1-0 win over upcoming opponents Manchester United in May, and a repeat of that result would see the Hammers leapfrog the Red Devils in the table.
- That ended United’s two-match winning streak in away H2Hs, but predicting what kind of display you’ll get from Erik ten Hag’s men this season is one of the most difficult challenges in football. The Dutchman was pleased with his side’s defensive display to hold Liverpool to a goalless draw at Anfield last weekend, but that took their active winless and goalless run to three matches in all competitions (D1, L2).
- They’re also winless in three outings on the road (D2, L1), but will look to rely on their joint-division best away defence (GA: 7) to carry them through that miserable run. Victories will depend on goals though, and no side in the top-14 of the PL have netted fewer than Man Utd’s 18, only eight of which have come in away fixtures!
- Key battle: Having played under Ten Hag at Ajax, Mohammed Kudus will be keen to show his former boss what he’s made of here, and having broken the deadlock in his last three goalscoring appearances, he’s a real danger for Man Utd. He may be closely marked by teenage sensation Kobbie Mainoo, whose only three starts for United have come in PL away games (W1, D1, L1).
- Hot streak: None of the last nine H2Hs in all competitions have ended level (WHU: W2, L7).