Newcastle – Nottingham Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Newcastle 1-3 Nottingham
Date: 26.12.2023 | Match at: 13:30 | League: ENGLAND: PREMIER LEAGUE – ROUND 19 | Tip: Home Win | Odds: 1.51 | Bookie: Unibet.
West Ham – Manchester Utd Predictions and Preview
- England’s Premier League (PL) Boxing Day programme kicks off with Newcastle United taking on Nottingham Forest as both sides look to bounce back from narrow defeats just prior to Christmas. After losing 1-0 to Luton Town on Saturday, the hosts have now tasted defeat in five of their last six competitive fixtures (W1), with manager Eddie Howe offering no excuses for their latest loss.
- Nevertheless, Magpies fans should return to St James’ Park in an optimistic mood because seventh-placed Newcastle have won their last seven home league games, conceding only once during that sequence.Five wins from the last six home H2Hs (L1) only serves to reinforce belief they can bounce back from their weekend disappointment here, while in seven consecutive home PL victories at home to Forest – last losing one in October 1988 – perhaps justifies their heavy favourites tag.
- There was to be no fairytale start to Nuno Espírito Santo’s reign at Forest as they were beaten 3-2 by Bournemouth on Saturday which, thanks to Luton’s win over Newcastle, means they come into this clash just two points above the relegation zone and without a PL win since early November (D1, L6). There’s plenty at stake then, including both Nuno’s unbeaten managerial H2H record against Newcastle (W2, D5) and opposite number Howe (W3, D1).
- One of the reasons he was brought in to replace Steve Cooper was Forest’s dismal away form, underlined by just one win from their last 19 PL road fixtures (D5, L13), in which they conceded 3+ goals in three of the most recent four (D1, L3). But if anyone can guide them to their first ever PL win at St James’ Park, Nuno could be the man, as he has never lost his first away league game with a new club (W5, D1)!
- Players to watch: Newcastle’s Callum Wilson completed the scoring in this fixture last term ,while three of his last five league strikes arrived between the 55th and 70th minute. Anthony Elanga has scored three times across his last seven appearances for Forest, with two of those goals opening the scoring.
- Hot stat: Forest have won only one of their last seven Boxing Day fixtures (D2, L4).