Arsenal – West Ham Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Arsenal – West Ham
Date: 28.12.2023 | Match at: 21:15 | League: ENGLAND: PREMIER LEAGUE – ROUND 19 | Tip: Home Win | Odds: 1.34 | Bookie: Unibet.
Arsenal – West Ham Predictions and Preview
- Last time out in Premier League (PL) action, Arsenal showcased their resilience to claim a 1-1 draw at Anfield in their top-of-the-table clash with Liverpool, a result which subsequently meant that the Gunners spent Christmas Day sat in first position. That’s crucial, as only five times in the last 15 seasons has the team sitting top of the pile on December 25 failed to lift the Premier League trophy, though the Gunners were one of those sides last campaign.
- Next up, Mikel Arteta’s side welcome London rivals West Ham to the Emirates Stadium as they look to open up a gap to the chasing pack. They seem well placed to do just that, as they remain unbeaten across their nine home PL fixtures so far this campaign (W7, D2), scoring 22 times in the process, whilst they’ve also lost just one of the last 16 home H2Hs since 2007.
- But the Hammers are chugging along quite nicely this season, which was further aided by their impressive 2-0 home win over Manchester United at the weekend. That made it eight victories across their last 11 competitive outings, a run which has helped move West Ham up to sixth spot and just six points shy of the Champions League places ahead of the round.
- West Ham’s away form remains a bit wayward of late though, with David Moyes’ side conceding exactly five goals in both of their past two road trips. There’s also the concern that the visitors remain one of four PL sides yet to keep a clean sheet on the road this season, which isn’t exactly ideal preparation for this challenging outing given they’ve conceded two or more goals in six of their last seven visits to this venue.
- Players to watch: Arsenal’s Martin Ødegaard has netted seven goals across all competitions this season, with his side winning in six of his seven goal scoring appearances, though the only loss came against West Ham in the League Cup. After grabbing an assist against Manchester United last time out, Lucas Paquetá has now assisted each of West Ham’s last four PL goals.
- Hot stat: Arsenal have received a competition-low 27 yellow cards in the PL this season.