Napoli – Monza Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Napoli 0-0 Monza
Date: 29.12.2023 | Match at: 18:30 | League: ITALY: SERIE A – ROUND 18 | Tip: Home Win | Odds: 1.68 | Bookie: Unibet.
Napoli – Monza Predictions and Preview
- The reigning Serie A (SA) champions Napoli will be looking to end 2023 on a winning note, despite a worrying run of three losses in their last four league matches (W1), where Walter Mazzarri’s men also failed to score in each defeat. Their most recent outing saw them fall to a 2-0 loss against Roma, a result that saw the Partenopei drop out of the European places.
- The Stadio Diego Armando Maradona faithful have also had to bear witness to their side’s poor output this season, with the four SA home losses this campaign already doubling the amount of defeats suffered at home in their title winning run last term. The Blues will therefore be desperate for a repeat of last season’s result in this fixture – a thumping 4-0 win over Monza.
- But Monza returned the favour later in the season, running out 2-0 winners to hand Napoli one of just four losses last campaign. There’s no splitting the difference based on current form, with Monza also having lost three of their last four SA matches (W1), and failing to score in their last two outings when losing 3-0 and 1-0 to AC Milan and Fiorentina respectively.
- The Biancorossi find themselves in the bottom-half as a result, but are encouragingly closer to the European spots than they are to the relegation zone. Raffaele Palladino’s men now hit the road hoping to trend in the right direction, but having won twice, drawn twice, and lost twice in their last six away matches, predicting their fortunes looks incredibly difficult despite their underdog status here.
- Players to watch: Khvicha Kvaratskhelia scored a brace in this fixture last season, contributing to him winning all 17 matches where he found the net for Napoli. Hoping to outgun him will be Monza’s top-scorer this season Andrea Colpani, who has scored his side’s opening goal in each of his last seven goalscoring outings.
- Hot stat: There have been under 1.5 goals in the first half in nine of Napoli’s last 11 games.