Luton – Chelsea Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Luton 2-3 Chelsea
Date: 30.12.2023 | Match at: 13:30 | League: ENGLAND: PREMIER LEAGUE – ROUND 20 | Tip: Away Win | Odds: 1.55 | Bookie: Unibet.
Luton – Chelsea Predictions and Preview
- This Luton Town team is “a special group”, according to manager Rob Edwards after they came from behind to beat Sheffield United 3-2 on Boxing Day to give themselves a chance of ending the year outside the Premier League (PL) relegation zone. It was the first time they’d won a league game after trailing this term and two straight PL wins for the first time since promotion will have given fans some extra Christmas cheer.
- Having played three teams who have been involved in Champions League football this term across their last three home games, winning the last one versus Newcastle and going down narrowly to the other two, confidence will be high as they take on Chelsea, particularly as they ran them close here in an FA Cup tie in March (L 3-2). Another close affair seems likely as none of the Hatters’ PL home fixtures this term were decided by more than a one-goal margin (W2, D2, L5).
- It’s been a while since mid-table Chelsea blew anyone away, but two wins from three league games (L1) suggests manager Mauricio Pochettino might be beginning to turn things around at Stamford Bridge. However, they’ve now conceded a club record 59 PL goals this calendar year after beating Crystal Palace 2-1, which is a problem given their tendency to waste good chances was on show again.
- Those defensive issues have been damaging on the road as the Blues have lost their last four away league fixtures while conceding an average of 2.5 goals per game. Looking to close out 2023 on a positive note, they’re trying to avoid losing five PL away games in a row for the first time since doing so between October and December 2000.
- Players to watch: After scoring his first PL goal against Sheffield United, Luton’s Alfie Doughty has four goal contributions this term (G1, A3), with all three of those assists coming from set pieces. Mykhailo Mudryk has scored in two of Chelsea’s last three games, with two of his four club strikes this term arriving between the 10th and 20th minute.
- Hot streak: Chelsea are unbeaten in their final league game of the year since 2011 (W7, D4).